In the National Association of Hispanic Nurses, you’ll find a wealth of specialized knowledge and experience you won’t find anywhere else.
NAHN has eight different membership types to fit your needs and gives you access to more than 40 professional Chapters across the United States. Dues for licensed nurses are just $125 annually, including chapter membership. Membership dues are non-refundable. See additional rates and details below.
Read on to learn more about individual membership benefits, or click the orange button to create your membership profile and pay be credit card. If you prefer to pay by check, you may use this hard-copy application.
Given the current economic climate and need to maintain the high level of benefits our members have come to expect from NAHN, a new membership dues structure will go into effect on January 1, 2024. General and affiliate members will see a $25 increase, with $20 going to NAHN National and $5 going to chapters.
The increased dues will help NAHN continue to offer annual benefits valued at over $500 per year, including advocacy for nurse's rights and patients; over 40 hours of free or discounted continuing nursing education; a quarterly printed journal; tuition discounts at partner universities; student scholarships; discounted registration to the annual conference and policy summit; networking through local chapters; and more!
NAHN members who expire on or before 5/31/24 can renew at the current rate until 12/31/23. If you have any questions, please contact our office at email@example.com or 859-469-5800.
Your continued support is vital to our association's success, and we want to ensure that your investment in the National Association of Hispanic Nurses remains valuable. We look forward to continuing our work together, making NAHN an even stronger and more dynamic community for all.
Benefits of National and Chapter membership include:
- Professional networking
- Continuing education
- Leadership development
National Membership includes:
- Networking with other Hispanic health care professionals
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) opportunities at the national Annual Conference
- Awards for community service and education excellence
- Chance to serve on NAHN's board and committees
- Supporting national health care initiatives as a united force
- A forum for nurses to analyze and evaluate the health care needs of the Hispanic community
- Opportunities to disseminate research findings and policy perspectives related to Hispanic health care needs to local, state, and federal agencies in order to impact policymaking and the allocation of resources
- Mentorship Connection
- Scholarship opportunities
- Discount on tuition to Educational Partner institutions
- Networking with NAHN members
News & Publications
- Free subscription to the NAHN quarterly journal, Hispanic Health Care International (HHCI)
- Electronic newsletter
- E-blasts and updates
- NAHN Medical Spanish Competency Training Program (Canopy):
The Canopy Medical Spanish Training course teaches English-speaking providers the skills needed to communicate effectively with Spanish-speaking patients.
- Reduced registration fees at the Annual Conference.
Chapter Membership includes:
Local chapters provide members with the opportunity to address issues impacting the healthcare of Hispanics at the local and state levels.
- Local and regional networking opportunities
- Regular meetings to discuss local community issues
- Community outreach programs
- Local awards and scholarships
- Chapter newsletter to keep up-to-date on local activities, events, and job opportunities
- Chapter events including local conferences, leadership training and networking receptions
- Student nurse mentorship programs
- Work in partnership with other chapters to promote leadership, networking and support
- Mentor new members to take leadership positions
AS A MEMBER OF NAHN YOU CAN HELP, INSPIRE AND IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY.
|Membership Category||National Membership
with Chapter Membership
|National Membership only
|$125 (One Year) or
$225 (Two Year)
|$100 (One Year) or
$175 (Two Year)
|N/A||Please refer to Corporate Members page|
Please note: General and Emeritus are the only categories with voting privileges. Students who are already RNs, LPNs or LVNs must join as General Members. Memberships dues are non-refundable.