As a member of NAHN™, you have a voice in national issues impacting the health care of Hispanics.
All members are eligible to participate in NAHN™ activities, to be candidates for NAHN™ elected positions, and participate in the election of NAHN™ board members.
Benefits of National and Chapter membership includes:
- Professional networking
- Continuing education
- Leadership Development
National Membership includes:
- Networking with other Hispanic health care professionals
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) opportunities at the national conference
- Awards for community service and education excellence
- Chance to serve on NAHN's board and committees
- Supporting national health care initiatives as a united force
- A forum for nurses to analyze and evaluate the health care needs of the Hispanic community
- Opportunities to disseminate research findings and policy perspectives related to Hispanic health care needs to local, state, and federal agencies in order to impact policymaking and the allocation of resources
- Mentorship Connection
- Scholarship opportunities
- Networking with NAHN members
News & Publications
- Free Subscription to the NAHN™' quarterly journal, Hispanic Health Care International (HHCI)
- Quarterly electronic newsletter
- Weekly E-blast
- Professional liability insurance administered by Lockton Affinity.
- NAHN Medical Spanish Competency Training Program (Canopy):
The Canopy Medical Spanish Training course teaches English-speaking providers the skills needed to communicate effectively with Spanish-speaking patients.
- Reduced registration fees at the annual conference
- Reduced rates as some of NAHN Corporate Members educational facilities, including Walden University.
Chapter Membership includes:
Local chapters provide members with the opportunity to address issues impacting the healthcare of Hispanics at the local and state levels.
- Local and regional networking opportunities
- Regular meetings to discuss local community issues
- Community Outreach Programs
- Local awards and scholarships
- Chapter newsletter to keep up-to-date on local activities, events, and job opportunities
- Chapter events including local conferences, leadership training and networking receptions
- Student nurse mentorship programs
- Work in Partnership with other chapters to promote leadership, networking and support
- Mentor new members to take leadership positions
AS A MEMBER OF NAHN YOU CAN HELP, INSPIRE AND IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY.