Policy & Advocacy
From the federal to the state level, NAHN is the voice of over 276,000 Hispanic nurses across the United States. NAHN’s policy goals include:
- Identifying barriers in the implementation and delivery of health services to Hispanic consumers and recommend appropriate solutions to local, state, and federal agencies.
- Disseminating research findings and policy perspectives related to Hispanic health care needs to local, state, and federal agencies in order to impact policy making and the allocation of resources.
- Advocating for policy changes and perspectives- related to Hispanic health care needs- to local, state, and federal agencies in order to impact the allocation of resources for the Hispanic population.
- Representing in voice and action the number of licensed Hispanic nurses in the US.
- Identifying barriers to quality education for Hispanic nursing students and recommend appropriate solutions to state, local, and federal agencies.
- NAHN Statement on Racism and Gun Violence, 5.19.22
- NAHN Statement on the RaDonda Vaught Verdict and Sentencing, 5.18.22
- NAHN Announces Partnership with NurseHeroes.org to Address the Shortage of Nurses
- NAHN Announces Partnership with HHS to Encourage Latino Consumers to Enroll in Health Insurance Coverage through HealthCare.gov
- FAAN Reception
- NAHN Welcomes Greater Milwaukee Chapter
For more information, please contact the NAHN staff at email@example.com. We also encourage you to follow NAHN's social media platforms: