NAHN is a proud member of the Collaboration on Climate Change and Health, a partnership with the Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments (ANHE) and Climate for Health (CfH). ANHE is the only national nursing organization focused solely on environmental health issues. CfH is a national initiative that brings together leaders and institutions across the health sector committed to advancing climate solutions to protect the health and well-being of Americans.
Through our partnership, we are working to empower millions of nurses nationwide to reduce impact on climate change and to help communities prepare for all the ways climate change impacts health. NAHN is committed to raising awareness among Hispanic nurses and to working collectively with our members and partners to develop and support solutions. Collaborating with health and environmental organizations, we are empowering nurses to serve as powerful advocates for meaningful and equitable action and to lead their own profession in moving towards a clean, renewable energy future.
The science is clear: climate change is one of the most serious threats to human health we face today. As nurses, we have a duty to provide our patients, communities, families and children with a safe and healthy future.
Nurses Caring for Climate and Health from ecoAmerica on Vimeo.
- The Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments and Climate for Health's Getting Started with Climate Solutions: A Guide for Nurses to help you reduce your climate impact and advocate and inspire others to acts.
- Let's Talk Health & Climate report (PDF download), communications guidance for health professionals to learn how to effectively talk about climate change. Watch the accompanying communications webinar for nurses and nursing students.
- The Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environment's Climate and Health Toolkit, with resources and ideas on how nurses can take action.
- Climate for Health’s Talking Points, providing a few positive talking points and responses to key questions or criticisms on climate change topics.
- Let’s Lead on Climate (PDF download) – Best practices with tips and ideas from other nurses who have successfully implemented initiatives and engaged communities and practice settings in promoting sustainable environments.
- Health professionals have an important role as trusted messengers to engage their patients, peers, community, and policymakers on equitable climate solutions. The Moving Forward: A Guide for Health Professionals to Build Momentum on Climate Action provides you with guidance and tools to reduce energy use, to build resilient clinics and health departments, and advocate for climate solutions that prioritize health and equity.