The National Association of Hispanic Nurses was pleased to announce the distribution of scholarships to NAHN members at the Gala of the NAHN 2021 Annual Conference in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The scholarship program was very competitive, and NAHN thanks the generous funders who are actively helping raise the level of professionalism of Latino nurses.
The National Association of Hispanic Nurses is honored to receive scholarship money and related services from the United Health Foundation Diverse Scholars Initiative’s Latino Health Scholars Program.
United Health Foundation Diverse Scholars Initiative’s Latino Health Scholars Program
- Lyanne Oblein, BS (New York Chapter)
- Edward A. Ornelas, BSN, MPH, PHN, RN (Orange County Chapter)
- Monica Terrazas (Illinois Chapter)
- Hannah Querida Estrada (Los Angeles Chapter)
- Hector Hugo Gonzalez, PhD, VR-RN (Ret.) Scholarship - awarded to Joshua Santiago (West Florida Chapter)
- Aguilar-Cuellar-Toben Research Grant - awarded to Sylvia Pena, Ph.D. Candidate (Greater Milwaukee Chapter)
- Nurse Think Scholarship - awarded to Nancy De Leon, BSN (New Jersey Chapter)
- Nurse Think Scholarship - awarded to Lisa Ani Hernandez, BSN (Illinois Chapter)
- New Chapter Award - awarded to NAHN Austin Texas Chapter
- New Chapter Award - awarded to NAHN Tennessee Chapter