Table of Contents
How to Navigate NAHN’s Membership Portal
- Scroll down to “Sign-up now!” (for new members) or “Renew Membership” (for current members).
- Choose the “Login” tab on the left side and if you are a current member, use your email and password on your account to sign in. If you are a new member, click on the “New Visitor Registration” link.
- Enter your primary email address and press “Go” *if you are a current member renewing your dues, skip this step.
- After you enter your personal information for the account (new members) or after you log in (current members) please click the tab that says “Online Store” to start purchasing your membership
- Use the “Shop for” dropdown box to select “Membership.” Then select the applicable membership. Example: General, Student, Two-Year, Affiliate, etc.
- Then to add a chapter membership, scroll down the Online Store page until you see “Affiliated Memberships.” Click the “+” sign to expand the list of chapters.
- To select your chapter, use the page numbers at the bottom of the page to find your desired chapter. Then click on the “Due Rate” dropdown box to choose the correct dues rate that matches your national membership. Then check the box to the left of the chapter name. If you would like to join more than one chapter, complete this process for each chapter you wish to join.
- Click “Add to Cart” to add both the chapter and national membership to your shopping cart
- Click “Check Out,” which will take you to the payment information page to complete your order.
For an illustrated guide to joining NAHN or renewing your membership, click here.
Already a Member?
Who are our Members?
The National Association of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN) represents the interests of the over 110,000 Hispanic/Latino Nurses in the US. With over 3,000 active/inactive members, NAHN, is a non-profit professional society committed to the promotion of the professionalism and dedication of Hispanic nurses by providing equal access to educational, professional, and economic opportunities for Hispanic nurses.
Our members embody the nursing profession at all levels--from clinicians to university professors and administrators. Their specialties span all the medical fields, from generalists to nursing specialists.
National Membership Benefits
As a member of NAHN™, you have a voice in national issues impacting the health care of Hispanics. All members are eligible to participate in NAHN™ activities, to be candidates for NAHN™ elected positions, and participate in the election of NAHN™ board members. Benefits of membership include continuing education, professional networking, and leadership development.
- Reduced rates as some of NAHN Corporate Members educational facilities, including Walden University and Excelsior College.
- Reduced registration fees at annual conference
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) opportunities at the national conference
- Subscription to the NAHN™' quarterly journal, Hispanic Health Care International (HHCI)
- Quarterly electronic newsletter
- Scholarship opportunities for students
- Awards for community service and education excellence
- Chance to serve on NAHN's board and committees
- A forum for nurses to analyze and evaluate the health care needs of the Hispanic community
- Opportunities to disseminates research findings and policy perspectives related to Hispanic health care needs to local, state, and federal agencies in order to impact policy making and the allocation of resources
- Networking other Hispanic health care professionals
- Supporting national health care initiatives as a united force
Chapter Membership Benefits
Local chapters provide members with the opportunity to the address issues impacting health care of Hispanics at the local and state levels. Benefits of chapter membership include local continuing education, professional and social networking.
- Local awards and scholarships
- Regular meetings to discuss local community issues
- Chapter newsletter to keep up-to-date on local activities, events, and job opportunities
- Local and regional networking opportunities
- Chapter events including local conferences, leadership training and networking receptions
- Student nurse mentorship programs
Types of Memberships
This class shall include any nurse licensed in the United States and its jurisdictions and who is interested in helping to solve the healthcare problems and support the healthcare needs of the Hispanic community.
b. Nursing Affiliate.
This class shall include any unlicensed health care professional (Certified Nursing Assistants, Medical Assistants, Patient Care Technicians, etc.) who works under the direct supervision of a nursing (RN/NP) or medical professional (MD/DO/PA). The nursing affiliate supports the mission of NAHN and is interested in exploring career opportunities in the nursing profession.
c. International Associate.
This class shall include any nurse licensed in their country of origin that does not reside in the United States and its jurisdictions but is of Hispanic ancestry and is interested in helping to solve the healthcare problems and support the healthcare needs of the Hispanic community.
d. Student (Unlicensed).
This class shall include any unlicensed student enrolled in a pre-licensure nursing program leading to a nurse licensure or someone currently enrolled in pre-requisite nursing coursework leading to a nursing program or a prelicensure nursing program that is interested in helping to solve the healthcare problems and supports the healthcare needs of the Hispanic community.
This class shall include any nurse who is at least sixty-two (62) years of age, is no longer employed full-time in the occupation of nursing, and has helped to solve the healthcare problems and supports the healthcare needs of the Hispanic community during her /his career.
This class shall include any individual who has gained national recognition in the field of nursing or contributed to the health care of Hispanic communities, having been recommended by at least two members and having received a three-fourth (3/4) vote of the Board of Directors in the affirmative during an Annual Meeting.
This class shall include any corporation that is interested in helping to solve the healthcare problems and supports the healthcare needs of the Hispanic community. Click here for more information.
This class shall include any individual other than those who qualify for previous categories who is interested in helping to solve the healthcare problems and supports the healthcare needs of the Hispanic community.
* Voting Membership: General and Emeritus are the only categories with voting privileges.
+Transcript may be obtained from school's website
Below are the NAHN dues.
||National Membership with Chapter Membership
||National Membership only (no chapter)
||$125 (One Year) or $225 (Two Year)
||$100 (One Year) or
$175 (Two Year)
||Please refer to Corporate Members' page
In order to support NAHN™'s goals of promoting the advancement of Hispanic nurses and expanding NAHN™'s influence in promoting and setting policy for health care, NAHN™ will continue to work diligently to increase its membership.
If you are a member of NAHN™, you can play a vital role in reaching out to Hispanic nurses in your community to join and support NAHN™ in achieving our goals.
If you are not now a member of NAHN™, and you qualify to join please do, (see Membership Application link above), We invite your membership, participation and support and will welcome your application.
Recruitment materials are provided above for you to download from this page .
Membership Status Issues
Please direct any specific membership status issues or questions to:
- Your local chapter president (see contact info CHAPTER PRESIDENT CONTACT LINK) or
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses™, 1500 Sunday Drive, Suite 102 Raleigh, NC 27607; phone: 919-573-5443; fax: 919-787-4916 - see specific contact information under "Contact Us" above.
NEW: Professional Liability Insurance for Nurses
NAHN is pleased to offer a professional liability insurance program for nurses through Lockton Medical Liability Insurance. http://locktonmedicalliabilityinsurance.com/coverage/nurses-liability-insurance/ Personal liability insurance will protect you from personal risk. While you may be covered under your employer’s liability insurance, you may still be found liable in the event of an error or negligence. Having professional liability insurance, issued in your name, will cover you for your own professional actions. It also covers licensing board complaints, HIPAA fines and penalties, lost wages, defendant and deposition expenses and more. For answers to other frequently asked questions visit http://locktonmedicalliabilityinsurance.com/qa/
Here are the procedures to follow to get a free quote and an opportunity to purchase a policy.
- Click on the following link: http://locktonmedicalliabilityinsurance.com/coverage/nurses-liability-insurance/
- In the “Select Your Group” box (right hand side of the page), select “NAHN” from the drop down.
- Click “Get a Free Quote Now”
To proceed with completing the application after you get your free quote, simply continue with the rest of the application process. The entire process only takes about 5-10 minutes. After completing the application and making payment online, the policy documents and certificates of insurance will be emailed to you within 5-10 minutes.