The National Association of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN) is pleased to announce the distribution of over $120,000 in scholarships and related services to NAHN members this year at its Annual Gala during the 2014 NAHN Annual Conference.
This was a very competitive year, with one of the highest number of applicants. Many thanks to our generous funders who are actively helping increase the professionalism of Latino nurses.
2014 Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Pediatric Nursing Scholarship
Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, a NAHN Corporate Member, provided a $2,000 Children's Mercy Hospitals Pediatric Nursing Scholarship to NAHN to promote the study of Pediatric Nursing among Hispanics. The 2014 recipient of this scholarship is Ashley Avelar (Los Angeles, CA).
2014 United Health Foundation National Association of Hispanic Nurses Scholarship Awards
The National Association of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN) was honored to receive $120,000 for scholarship money and related services from the United Health Foundation Diverse Scholars Initiative's Latino Health Scholars Program.
Eighty five thousand dollars was distributed to NAHN Members, with the remainder going towards providing related services.
Recipients of the $5,000 Scholarships:
- Teresa Aldana (San Diego, CA)
- Suzanne Caravajal-Pinos, RN (Broward, FL)
- Gerardo Flores, MSN, RN (Los Angeles, CA)
- Kimberly Korn (Long Island, NY)
- Adrial Lobelo (New York, NY) - continuing scholar
- Crystal Loucel, RN, PHN, MPH, MS(c) (San Francisco, CA and Phoenix, AZ)
- Karina Martinez (Angeles del Desierto (Yuma), AZ)
- Yanai Martinez (San Diego, CA)
- Santiago Mercado, RN, BSN, CCRN (Dallas, TX)
- Ana Nogueira, RN,BSN,CCM (New Jersey, NJ)
- Mollie Nunn (San Diego CA)
- Anna Pena (San Diego CA)
- Cesar Rivera (Los Angeles CA)
- Beverly Sanchez (Washington DC)
- Andrea Santos San Francisco CA
- Maria Vera-Irizarry, MS, RN (Long Island, NY)
- Lorenza Villegas-Murphy, MSN, RN (Phoenix, AZ)