The Hispanic NursesTM
NAHN National Association of Hispanic Nurses® is a non-profit professional association committed to the promotion of the professionalism and dedication of Hispanic nurses by providing equal access to educational, professional, and economic opportunities for Hispanic nurses.
NAHN is also dedicated to the improvement of the quality of health and nursing care of Hispanic consumers.
2014 NAHN Viajero Award Winner
Congratulations to NAHN's Phoenix Chapter on winning the first-ever NAHN Viajero Award!
The 2014 NAHN Viajero Award winner was announced at the 2014 Annual Gala during NAHN's Annual Conference in Miami, Florida.
The Phoenix Chapter experienced the highest percentage growth and the highest percentage retention rate of all the NAHN Chapters.
Do you want to learn how this chapter achieved this incredible feat? The Chapter has generously shared their secret of success below!
Membership Recruitment and Retention: The Effectiveness of Expectations and Follow-up
The recent winner of the Viajero Award, the Phoenix Chapter of NAHN, has reason for its growing numbers. This reason is found in three specific characteristics that pervade the Phoenix Chapter: their WHY, their expectations, and their follow-up. Bienvenido a la Familia! Is the WHY of NAHN Phoenix. Welcome to the family. And they act like a family in many ways:
Expectations of the Chapter: There is an old adage that says “People rise to the level of expectation.” Phoenix sets the bar high in terms of what they expect from themselves:
There is a sense of energy, purpose, welcome, and belonging to Phoenix NAHN. They take themselves seriously. They perceive that who they are and what they do is vital. They invite others to join their community and they have an action plan in place to accomplish that goal.
And from the Chapter itself. . .
Five Things That Have Helped
1. Meaningful Topics at our meetings. We evaluate our members and see what they want to learn about throughout the year and take that information when we find our sponsors or speakers.
2. Monthly Meetings! We have a set schedule for our meetings, always the third Thursday of each month and we also have a light meal that is provided by our host. In return our host can share information on recruitment, health care services, or academic/scholarship programs for nurses.
3. Quick Response to potential members! Personal outreach either by telephone or email to people who are interested in joining our organization.
4. Get New and Young members to assist with recruitment! They want to be involved they just don’t know how, but can be mentored through this. We give them important tasks and then they feel they have invested in our organization they tend to renew!
5. Benefits of belonging to the chapter-When people attend our meetings, we let them come once to a meeting as a guest. After that we ask them to join or to donate $25 to our scholarship fund. It is a privilege to belong and benefit of belonging to a professional organization!
2017 Annual Meeting
SAVE THE DATE!
2017 Annual Conference
|*Home | About NAHN | Chapters | Membership | Meetings | Career Center | Scholarships | Publications | Partnerships | Issues | News | Calendar | Contact Us|
NAHN National Association of Hispanic Nurses®